This is a 15-hour CPD module. You can gain the CPD Certificate of Study issued by Pink Therapy by submitting and passing a tutor-marked assignment.
Aims of this module
- An increased understanding of the issues sex workers face.
- Enhanced ability to work with sex workers and former sex workers.
- Improved understanding of the barriers for sex workers in accessing mental health support.
- Explore own prejudices and biases towards sex work
- Exploration of own beliefs about sex work.
- Nuanced understanding of the world of sex work.
- Understanding of the diversity of sex work experiences.
- Development of knowledge of sex work.
- Challenging common myths about sex work and sex workers.
About the Author:
Karen Pollock is a qualified counsellor, supervisor, trainer and writer working in private practice. In 2017 they helped organise and presented at the Pink Therapy Sex Works! Conference. They are also a mentor for sex working student therapists on the Pink Therapy mentoring scheme and registered with National Ugly Mugs as a sex worker-friendly therapist. In their dissertation, Sex Work and Minority Stress, they explored the impact of minority stress on sex workers as a marginalised group. In their practice they are actively anti-oppressive and intersectional. Their pronouns are they/them/their.