If you’re a Counsellor, Therapist or Mental Health Professional working with GSRD clients, offering a supportive therapeutic environment for coming out is an essential aspect of effective practice. The complex, developmental nature of the coming out process is no longer exclusive to sexual orientation and you may find yourself working concurrently with key issues of gender identity, lifestyle and the intersections between the communities to which individual clients belong.
If you’d like to develop an in-depth understanding of the conflicts and tensions experienced with coming out and offer inclusive, affirmative clinical practice, Pink Therapy’s Coming Out: Issues and Perspectives online-learning CPD module will equip you with the skills to embrace a diverse range of social contexts and unique GSRD identities with professionalism and confidence.
This 15 hour CPD module offers you the opportunity to:
- examine the definition and sociolinguistic origin of coming out and what this might mean for GSRD clients
- consider the intentions, purpose and implications of coming out for a wide range of GSRD clients
- familiarise with, apply, adapt and critique models of identity formation
- explore contemporary clinical perspectives on coming out and consider your own therapeutic approaches to coming out in GSRD client work
- reflect on the complexities of coming out in relation to other identities, social contexts and cultures
Candidates who submit and pass a short set of tutor-marked questions will achieve a Certificate of Study worth 15 hours of CPD credit from Pink Therapy.